Care job Vacancies in Cardiff , South Wales
Looking for a rewarding job – why not try the care industry?
Working in the care sector offers a rewarding career, where your actions can make a real difference to vulnerable people. An increasing number of young people are choosing social care as their career option and a large number of men and women are changing their career paths and entering the social care industry to find a job that is both personally rewarding and fulfilling.
Many students are finding that experience working within a care setting provides not only a valuable income to help them through their studies but also important experience and training that assists in their future career – whether within the care industry or another sector. Flexible working hours make working within the sector very attractive to students and others looking to work around regular commitments.
You can gain an enormous sense of personal achievement from simply knowing that your job is helping people. It’s about making a positive difference to people’s lives by contributing to their health, happiness and well-being.
For various reasons and stages in their lives, some people need support to develop and maintain their independence, dignity and control.
How you can help?
You could work with people (known as clients) in their own homes, at day centres or in places like nursing homes. Your exact duties may vary depending on where you work, but could include:
- Building relationships with clients and getting to know their interests and needs
- Helping clients with daily personal care
- Undertaking general tasks such as housework, laundry and shopping
- Assisting clients manage their budget, pay bills and write letters
- Working with families assisting with their new caring responsibilities
- Liaising with other health and social care professionals to provide individual care and development plans
- Organising leisure activities – days out, trips to friends etc.
Skills and attributes required to work in the care sector:
- Dedication and commitment
- Effective team player
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Good administrative skills
- Good planning and organisational skills and time management
- Sound understanding of good care principles
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Even tempered and patient
- Ability to cope with change
- Ability to display empathy and warmth
- Flexibility and reliability
If you are looking for a new career, a rewarding job or employment that allows you to work hours around other commitments, then please call Everycare Cardiff today we have vacancies available for immediate start within the Cardiff and surrounding area. Call 02920 455300