Location - Medway Swale
Reports to: Managing Director
Hours: 10 hours / 1½ days per week
Reporting to the Managing Director and liaising with the part-time CFO (Chief Financial Officer), the Finance Administrator is responsible for operating the financial systems and processes including: sales and purchase invoices, credit control and reconciliation of customer accounts, payments and bank reconciliations.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Importing sales invoices and credit notes on weekly/monthly basis
- Preparing and sending monthly summary of sales invoices to Medway Council
- Posting and coding purchase invoices
- Preparing payments for approval and entering in banking system
- Undertaking credit control to maintain debtors at as low a level as practicable
- Reconciling customer accounts, including allocating receipts and resolving queries
- Posting of cash receipts and payments
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Managing cash flow forecasts on a daily basis for the following month
- Financial and management accounting: assisting the CFO in preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of year end information for accountants and liaising over queries
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Ensuring that the accounting software meets the company’s needs
- From time to time, the Finance Administrator may be required to undertake other duties as required by the Managing Director or CFO.
- The Finance Administrator is required to have an excellent understanding and experience of financial processes and systems
- Ideally qualified AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians).
The position requires:
- Knowledge of financial and bookkeeping practices
- Exposure to accounting software packages, preferably Sage
- An organised and methodical approach to record keeping and reporting
- Honesty and discretion when handling confidential financial information
- Computer literacy, including competence with excel, and excellent numeracy skills
- An enthusiastic and strong customer service ethic
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated but equally work well in a team setting
The Finance Administrator is required to work with minimal supervision but in close liaison with other members of staff.