Hasting’s home care provider appoint new senior manager
Everycare Hastings is delighted to announce the appointment of our new Registered Manager – Denise King.
Denise has over 20 years’ experience in the health & social care sector. She has gained a level 4 leadership and management. Denise is committed to delivering a high-quality person-centred care to service users and developing her staff to the highest of standards. She has also worked in all aspects of the delivery and management of care and understands the needs of service users and staff alike.
Everycare Hastings provides important companionship care services in Hastings, St Leonards on sea, Bexhill on sea, Battle, Ninfield and the surrounding areas.
Recent surveys have shown that loneliness and social isolation is an increasing problem in the UK.
Loneliness and social isolation in the United Kingdom
- 17% of older people are in contact with family, friends and neighbours less than once a week and 11% are in contact less than once a month (Victor et al, 2003)
- Over half (51%) of all people aged 75 and over live alone (ONS, 2010)
- Two fifths all older people (about 3.9 million) say the television is their main company (Age UK, 2014)
- 63% of adults aged 52 or over who have been widowed, and 51% of the same group who are separated or divorced report, feeling lonely some of the time or often (Beaumont, 2013)
- 59% of adults aged over 52 who report poor health say they feel lonely some of the time or often, compared to 21% who say they are in excellent health (Beaumont, 2013)
- A higher percentage of women than men report feeling lonely some of the time or often (Beaumont, 2013)
for further information please click on https://www.campaigntoendloneliness.org/loneliness-research/
Everycare (UK) are pleased to announce the opening of it’s newest office in Hastings, East Sussex. Everycare have been providing care in Eastbourne in Sussex since 1997 and the new office in Hastings expands the companies coverage of the county.
The new office will cover Hastings, St Leonards on Sea, Bexhill on Sea, Battle, Ninfield and the surrounding areas and is a franchised office owned and operated under licence by Mr Ali Rastgoye.
Ali said ‘With Everycare already having delivered care in Sussex for 20 years I’m delighted to be able to bring quality care to the people of Hastings’. He added ‘The fact that Everycare had such a great name for providing a quality service made them the obvious choice for me to work with as a business partner’
Ali lives in Hastings with his wife Lucy who is a solicitor in a local law firm.