Companionship care in Hastings
Everycare Hastings provides important companionship care services in Hastings, St Leonards on sea, Bexhill on sea, Battle, Ninfield and the surrounding areas.
Recent surveys have shown that loneliness and social isolation is an increasing problem in the UK.
Loneliness and social isolation in the United Kingdom
- 17% of older people are in contact with family, friends and neighbours less than once a week and 11% are in contact less than once a month (Victor et al, 2003)
- Over half (51%) of all people aged 75 and over live alone (ONS, 2010)
- Two fifths all older people (about 3.9 million) say the television is their main company (Age UK, 2014)
- 63% of adults aged 52 or over who have been widowed, and 51% of the same group who are separated or divorced report, feeling lonely some of the time or often (Beaumont, 2013)
- 59% of adults aged over 52 who report poor health say they feel lonely some of the time or often, compared to 21% who say they are in excellent health (Beaumont, 2013)
- A higher percentage of women than men report feeling lonely some of the time or often (Beaumont, 2013)
for further information please click on https://www.campaigntoendloneliness.org/loneliness-research/