Care home performance now available on NHS website
The performance of every care home in England can now be compared on an NHS website.
Homes have been added to My NHS, part the NHS Choices site, allowing users to leave ratings and reviews to help other people assess services.
Each care home is scored on its level of safety, staff turnover and food hygiene, among other standards.
The National Care Association said if information was not up to date, it could be “unfair” to care providers.
On the website, a database can be searched using a postcode, region or home name to check on facilities with or without nursing.
People can access:
- User reviews – including star ratings
- Care Quality Commission inspection ratings of care homes
- Food Hygiene Standard rating
- Levels of staff turnover
- Whether the home has a registered manager in post
- Key information such as location, services on offer, contact details
To check out care homes in England visit the My NHS website.